If you want to take your paper recycling a step further, consider these useful and creative ways to reuse all your scrap paper and junk mail:
- Make recycled paper envelopes.
- Create fabulous papier mache vases & bowls (and other works of art)
- Reuse old newspapers to make your own kitty litter.
- Build a no dig garden
- Make origami seedling pots
- Spruce up your neighbourhood with recycled paper seed bombs
- Make some fabulous paper beads and create your own gorgeous, eco-friendly jewellery
- Compost It! I tend to use only newspapers in my compost – the glossy papers with their bright toxic dyes are probably best left out of the mix!
- Burn It! I use junk mail, bills, cardboard boxes, even used envelopes to make fire bricks.
- Never buy wrapping paper again! Its amazing what you can do with a well chosen page from a magazine or catalogue!
- Turn your junk mail into … paper. Beautiful, handmade paper that is!
- Make paper bags – great for keeping all your paper recycling together!
- Create beautiful wall art for your home
- Need more storage? Weave yourself a gorgeous basket to help organise the clutter.
- Put those glossy magazines to good use and make some very cool, decorative bowls.
Meg blogs at Be the Change Book Club. The book club for readers who want to change the world.